Cable TV Support
My Channels Aren't Coming In - Single Television
Many times this issue can be caused by an Input selection on the television or a signal interruption to the Midco® Equipment.
- Confirm services are working properly on other outlets.
- If channel issue is on all TVs, contact our Technical Support team at 1.800.888.1300.
- Confirm VCR and/or DVD player are powered off.
- Check physical connections used to connect to that outlet.
- Loose coaxial cable connections should be tightened.
- Damaged coaxial cable (cut, crimped, poor fitting connectors) may need to be replaced. We’re happy to provide you with new cable at any one of our Customer Experience Center locations.
- Verify the set top box is powered on.
- Confirm proper input is selected on TV.
- Televisions offer the ability to connect multiple external media devices (DVD, cable, etc.) through inputs (HDMI, video, etc.) located on the rear of the TV. Not all TVs are equipped with the same number and/or types of inputs.
- When a device is properly connected, powered on and streaming content, the TV must be on the corresponding input for the location of the connection for that device to be able to see and hear the desired content. When you first power on the TV the input may be displayed in the corner.
(a) NOTE: The input connections on the rear of the TV correspond to selectable inputs you will choose after turning the TV and device on.
(b) Using the TV remote control, select INPUT or Source depending on your tv to display the input list (or press INPUT/Source on the TV if available). Some older models of tv’s may have a button listed as tv/video to be able to pull up the input list.
(c) NOTE: You may need to press the INPUT/SOURCE button repeatedly or use the arrow buttons on the remote to select the input type.
Example: Most DVRs will be plugged into an HDMI port on the TV, you would then select the corresponding HDMI port from the input list.
- If a piece of Midco equipment is present, perform a power cycle by unplugging the power cable for 30 seconds then plugging back in. This will help reestablish a connection between the cable signal and the equipment. A complete power cycle can take up to 15 minutes depending on the piece of equipment, so please be patient as the equipment reloads its software.
- Once power cycle is complete and the picture is working check a few other channels to be sure the problem is resolved.
- If these steps did not restore the connection please contact our Technical Support team at 1.800.888.1300.