What should I do if I don't have a dial tone?
- Make sure none of your telephones are off the hook.
- If using a cordless phone, check that the battery is charged.
- Check for lights on the front of your telephone modem (eMTA). If you don’t see any lights on the eMTA, make sure it is not plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch or a power strip that may have switched off.
- Unplug any devices connected to a telephone jack including answering machines, fax machines, and computers that use dial-up Internet. Wait five minutes and then check each phone jack for a dial tone with a corded telephone to see if it is isolated to a single phone or jack.
- Plug a corded telephone into port 1/2 on your eMTA to check for dial tone. If you have dial tone at the eMTA, the issue may be related to your inside wiring.
If you still do not have a dial tone after performing the above steps, please call us from a different phone at 1.800.888.1300 for additional assistance.