Cable TV Support
How do I set up my VCR/TV with a Digital Adapter from Midco?
How do I set up my VCR with a Digital Adapter from Midco®?
- Set the Channel switch on the back of the Digital Adapter to 3 (or 4 depending on your area).
- Disconnect the cable from the Cable or Cable In connector on the back of your VCR and insert it into the Cable connector on the back of the Digital Adapter.
- Connect the To TV connector on the back of the Digital Adapter to the RF In or Cable connector on the back of your VCR. You can use the coax cable supplied with the Digital Adapter or the one that came with your VCR.
- Connect the power cable to the Digital Adapter and plug the other end into a power strip or outlet. Your Digital Adapter needs up to 15 minutes to sync before activating. Check the green light on the front panel. If it’s blinking twice, you’re ready for activation.
- Ensure your remote control has been programmed for your TV.
- To activate your device, call 1.800.888.1300 and follow the prompts or visit our website at midco.com/digitalnow.
- Once the Digital Adapter is activated set both the VCR and TV to Channel 3 (or 4 depending on your area).
Notes: When recording programming on a VCR connected to a Digital Adapter, you can only record programming from the channel to which the Digital Adapter is tuned. If you want to record a program on your VCR when you are not home, set the timer on your VCR and tune the Digital Adapter to the channel you want to record
Most VCRs do not have QAM tuners, therefore the VCR will only be able receive and record our limited lineup (analog channels) if directly connected to our system. It is unlikely that the VCR will be able to be set up to record programs based on time, unless the VCR has an IR output that is compatible with the Adapter IR input (unlikely).
Adapter with VCR and non-QAM TV
If you install an Adapter prior to the input of a VCR, the VCR will be able to receive all channels, but the VCR must be kept on Channel 3 (or 4 depending on the output of the Adapter). You would need to change channels with the Adapter and would only be able to record the channel the Adapter is tuned to.
Adapter with VCR and QAM TV
If you have a VCR and a QAM tuner TV, you can record on the VCR while watching a different channel on the QAM TV, but this requires a 2-way splitter see below).
Split the incoming RF and connect one cable to the Adapter and one to the QAM Tuner TV.
Connect the VCR to the Adapter via coaxial RF cable and then the VCR to the TV via composite cables. The VCR would always be set to CH 3 and you would change channels to control the VCR with the Adapter.
To switch between the QAM TV Tuner and the VCR, use the input selector on the QAM TV. If you program the VCR to record when you are not home, the Adapter must be set to the channel you want to record.