Cable TV Support
Parental controls help you make sure your family has access only to the shows you want them to watch. Parental controls are not set by default, and you should apply them where you would like controls. This means all content is available for viewing until changes are made.
With parental controls, you can:
- Set limits on movie and TV ratings.
- Block specific channels from viewing.
- Prevent viewing of recorded shows with ratings you’ve chosen to restrict.
- Establish a PIN that is required to unlock programming based on your filters.
- Use the same PIN to block purchases of programming content (such as a pay-per-view event or one-time movie rental).
Parental control settings vary based on the type of cable TV equipment you have in your home. If you have multiple equipment types, you may need to follow instructions for each.
Find out how to switch on-screen parental controls on and off for your TiVo® DVR, TiVo® Mini and TiVo® Stream.
Learn how to turn on parental controls through the on-screen iGuide available with a Midco DVR, HD digital receiver and digital receiver.
Set controls for certain network app content available through TV Everywhere.
Find out how to get help if you forgot your parental controls PIN.
Learn about TV and movie ratings, because parental controls are based on rating systems.
Learn how to retain information and locks in the event you lose power.