Cable TV Support
The TiVo® app lets you browse and schedule recordings from your phone or tablet.
To use the TiVo app:
- Register your TiVo online.
- Check that your mobile device Wi-Fi is on and connected to the same network as your TiVo DVR.
- Download the free TiVo app from the App Store® or Google Play™ store. If you already have the app, make sure you’re running the latest version, with no updates pending.
- Launch the TiVo app on your mobile device and sign in using your TiVo.com username and password.
- If prompted, select the primary TiVo box to use with the app (if you have more than one compatible box on your home network).
- If this is the first time you're setting up the app, streaming setup will begin.
- If you have just upgraded the app, start streaming setup by going to Settings and choosing Setup.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up in-home streaming, which means you can stream recordings to your device only when you are connected to your home network.
- Browse the app to find the programs that interest you and set up recordings.
To set up a recording through the app:
- Open the TiVo app on your mobile device and tap Guide.
- Select the search icon on your screen and search for the show you want to record.
- Tap the show, and then select either Record this episode or Create a OnePass. Choose the options you want for your recording and then hit either Record with these options or Create OnePass.