Home Security Support
How to Watch Recorded Video
- Tap on your Midco SmartHOME touchscreen.
- Press the View Recorded Video button at any time during the recording to display the timeline of recorded video segments.
- Video clips will appear on the timeline after five minutes of recording have elapsed.
- Video segments record in five-minute intervals (such as 1:05, 1:10 and 1:15). If you start recording at 1:03, the first recorded segment will be two minutes (1:03-1:05), and then the next recorded segments will be five full minutes (1:05-1:10).
- Select previously recorded video segments to play back by sliding the timeline selector left or right of the marker. The video for that segment will play automatically. If there were events during that segment, they will appear on the Events Panel to the left of the camera view. In the Events Panel, video segments display as color-coded bars.
- Black – No video is available.
- Orange – An event occurred.
- Purple – A door lock event occurred.
- Gray – Video is available, but no events occurred.
- Red – The system was armed.
- Green – The system was disarmed.
Tips for Playing Back Recorded Video:
- Use the media controls to pause, play, move to the next clip, move to the previous clip, and toggle full-screen mode.
- Toggle the timeline between the hour or minute to search for a specific time or event. When the Hour button is selected, the segments on the timeline are in one-hour increments. When the Minute button is selected, the segments are in five-minute increments.
- Tap on any event in the Events Panel to start playing recorded video five seconds before that event.
- Drag the slider on the playback bar left or right across the camera view while a video segment is playing to select a specific time in the segment.
You can only play back your memory card’s encrypted video on your touchscreen using the Cameras app. To view recorded video using another video player, you have to transfer your video clips to a USB drive. The clips wll be available in one-hour segments on the USB drive.
- Insert a USB drive into the USB port on the side of the touchscreen.
- On the timeline, select the video clip that you want to save.
- Select Save to USB.
- Enter your four-digit security code.
The video will save as a single file to the USB drive. The “save complete” message will appear when the file transfer is complete. Each video file saved to the USB drive includes aggregated video clips from the 30-minute time period before and after the selected time.
The name of each file includes the timestamps of both the beginning and end of the saved video in the following format:<begin-date>_<begin-time>-<end-date>_<end-time>.mp4
IMPORTANT: Video files saved to the USB drive are unencrypted.
You can delete the recorded video on the SD card from the touchscreen.
IMPORTANT: This action reformats the SD card – permanently deleting everything from the memory card.
- Open the Cameras app on the touchscreen.
- Tap View Recorded Video.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Delete All Recordings.