Lock & Unlock Doors
You can have up to four door locks connected to a system at a time. You can lock or unlock your doors using the app, in-home touchscreen or online portal. You can also create rules to lock or unlock your doors at specific times – such as automatically locking at 10 pm.
Use the App
- Log in to your Midco SmartHOME app on your mobile device.
- On the Home screen, tap the Door Lock you want to lock or unlock.
- Tap the door lock icon on your screen to lock or unlock the door.
Use the Touchscreen
On the touchscreen’s Home screen, tap the Door Locks app and then the name of the door lock you’d like to lock or unlock (if you have multiple).
- Doors that are unlocked show an open purple padlock.
- Doors that are locked show a closed white padlock.
Use the Online Portal
As of October 15, 2018, the online subscriber portal is no longer supported. We recommend you download the Midco SmartHOME app on your mobile device instead.
- Log in to the online Subscriber Portal.
- On the main page, under Door Locks, you’ll see a list of the door locks and their lock status. Click the lock status button to switch to lock or unlock status.
- Remove the back cover of the lock using an allen or hex wrench.
- Lift the battery compartment from the lock housing and replace the four AA batteries with new ones.
- Replace the battery compartment and back cover of the lock.
Midco SmartHOME is not available in all areas. Certain equipment may be limited by local ordinance or dwelling. Midco SmartHOME requires Midco Internet 50 service or higher. The Midco SmartHOME app and Subscriber Portal are not accessible from all countries outside of the United States. Service is provided under Terms and Conditions at Midco.com/Legal.