Email & Webmail
Email & Webmail
2017-2018 Email Policy Changes
Midco and Sunflower email users: we’re implementing changes over the next few months to help you get the most out of your Midco email.
5 GB Storage Capacity
Starting December 4, 2017, we’re increasing our current email account storage limit to an industry-standard storage capacity of 5 GB per email account.
Sunflower email users: we will begin enforcing this limit on December 4. If your account exceeds this limit, it will impact your ability to send and receive messages until you reduce your inbox size.
Here are some things you can do now:
- Delete emails from your Junk and Trash folders.These count toward your total inbox size.
- Delete old emails you no longer need. Delete old promotional emails, newsletters, notifications and mailing list messages.
- Save important emails to your computer. Look for emails with large attachments – such as photos – to see what’s taking up most of your storage.
Email Display Upgrade
Currently, each email folder displays 25 messages at a time. On December 4, we’re increasing this to display 50 messages.
Trash and Junk Folder Changes
We’re adding new rules to all email Trash and Junk folders. Messages in these folders contribute to your overall inbox size and can fill up your email storage. With these new rules, we’re going to help you clean out these old messages over a period of time.
- Beginning December 4, 2017, to January 7, 2018, all Trash and Junk folder items will be deleted once they are 180 days old.
- From January 7 to February 4, 2018, items more than 90 days old in these folders will be deleted.
- Starting February 5, 2018: Trash and Junk folder items more than 30 days old will be deleted. This will be the permanent policy going forward.
Action May Be Required: If you have any messages in your Trash or Junk folders that you want to save, make sure to move them to your inbox or another folder, or save them to your computer.
If you have any questions on these changes, please contact us.
- Mobile Phones
- Email Program