Whole Home Wi-Fi Support
After adding Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi to your Midco services, make sure your device is connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
To see or edit your Wi-Fi network password in the Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi app:
- Select My Wi-Fi from the app menu.
- Tap on your Wi-Fi network.
- Edit the network name and network password for the network (if needed).
To test your Wi-Fi speeds in the Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi app:
- On the main dashboard of the app, under Speed Test, tap Check your speed.
- Select Begin speed test.
The app will display the test results on your device.
Note: if you are connected to your Wi-Fi via an extender, the speed test feature will be unavailable.
To create a guest Wi-Fi network in the Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi app:
- In the app, select My Wi-Fi from the app menu.
- Tap on your Guest Wi-Fi network.
- Edit the network name and network password for the guest network (if needed).
- Toggle the button next to Enable Guest Wi-Fi to the right to enable.
You can also see how many devices are connect to your guest network from this screen by tapping Devices connected.
To disable the guest Wi-Fi network, follow the steps above and toggle the button to the left.
To add a user profile in the Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi app:
- In the app, select Users from the app menu.
- If you haven’t created a user yet, tap Add One Now. If you have already have users and need to add a new one, tap the three dots at the top of your screen and select Add user.
- Enter the user’s information for the profile.
- To add an image for the user, select the camera icon.
- To assign a device to a user, tap the edit icon.
- A list of devices will pop up on your screen. Select the + next to a device to assign it to that user. Tap the X when you are finished editing devices.
To delete a user profile in the Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi app:
- Select Users from the app menu.
- Tap the user profile you want to delete.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of your device, and select Delete user.
In the app, tap My Devices from the app menu. This shows you all the devices connected to your in-home network. If your device is assigned to a user, their profile image will show next to the device.
To manage a device's connection to your network, tap on the device from the list to select it.
- To edit a device name, tap Edit. Then tap on the Device name to change it.
- To pause a device's access to your internet network, tap the Pause icon.
- To let a device access your network again, tap the Resume icon.
- To block a device from connecting to your network, tap Block.
You can also manage or pause all devices assigned to a specific user. Choose Users from the app menu and find the user you'd like to manage.
- To pause Wi-Fi access for all devices assigned to that user profile, tap the Pause icon.
- To manage a specific device assigned to that user, tap the device.
To unblock a device from accessing your network:
- From the main Overview screen in the Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi app, tap on the three dots on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select Blocked devices.
- Tap the Trash icon and then select Unblock to unblock the device.
If you want to block internet access for specific devices at different times every day – such as pausing your child's tablet Wi-Fi access at bedtime – you can create a Pause Schedule in the Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi app.
- In the app, tap My devices in the app menu.
- Select the device you want to put on a schedule from the list.
- Toggle the button next to Pause schedule to the right to enable.
- Tap Edit to manage when you want the internet access to be blocked.
- Tap the Start time to change the time you want the access to pause.
- Tap the End time to change the time you want to re-enable access.
- Select the days you want the pause schedule to be in effect. Days that are blue are selected.
- Tap Save to save your pause schedule, or Back to discard your changes.
1 Monthly price includes modem, extenders (if needed) and app access. Professional installation is required. Customer must have Midco internet. Actual internet speeds may vary depending on your computer or mobile device’s capacity, the number of devices accessing the internet at once and web traffic. Speeds may also be impacted by third-party equipment (such as your computer or router).
2 Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.