Whole Home Wi-Fi Support
Midco Freestyle Help
Midco Freestyle℠ Wi-Fi brings you true whole-home Wi-Fi. Added to Midco's blazing-fast internet speeds, it gives you corner-to-corner Wi-Fi coverage, advanced support options and more control over your network.1
Midco Wi-Fi App
The Midco Wi-Fi app gives you more control over your network. From parental controls to securing your network, the app allows you to manage the Wi-Fi in your home.
After adding Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi to your Midco internet services, download and sign in to the app. Note: The app will only work when you're connected to your home network.
After adding Midco Freestyle Wi-Fi to your Midco services, make sure your device is connected to your home Wi-Fi network. The app will only work when you're connected to your home network.
- Search for Midco Wi-Fi in the App Store® or Google Play™, and download the app to your device.2
- Enter the username cusadmin. Then, type in the password for your Wi-Fi network.
- If you'd like, choose Keep me logged in.
- Tap Sign In.
To test your Wi-Fi speeds in the Midco Wi-Fi app:
- On the main dashboard of the app, under Speed Test, tap Check your speed.
- Select Begin speed test.
The app will display the test results on your device.
Note: if you are connected to your Wi-Fi via an extender, the speed test feature will be unavailable.
To create a guest Wi-Fi network in the Midco Wi-Fi app:
- In the app, select My Wi-Fi from the app menu.
- Tap on your Guest Wi-Fi network.
- Edit the network name and network password for the guest network (if needed).
- Toggle the button next to Enable Guest Wi-Fi to the right to enable.
You can also see how many devices are connect to your guest network from this screen by tapping Devices connected.
To disable the guest Wi-Fi network, follow the steps above and toggle the button to the left.
In the app, tap My Devices from the app menu. This shows you all the devices connected to your in-home network.
To manage a device's connection to your network, tap on the device from the list to select it.
- To edit a device name, tap Edit. Then tap on the Device name to change it.
- To pause a device's access to your internet network, tap the Pause icon.
- To let a device access your network again, tap the Resume icon.
- To block a device from connecting to your network, tap Block.
To unblock a device from accessing your network:
- From the main Overview screen in the Midco Wi-Fi app, tap on the three dots on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select Blocked devices.
- Tap the Trash icon and then select Unblock to unblock the device.
If you want to block internet access for specific devices at different times every day – such as pausing your child's tablet Wi-Fi access at bedtime – you can create a Pause Schedule in the Midco Wi-Fi app.
- In the app, tap My devices in the app menu.
- Select the device you want to put on a schedule from the list.
- Toggle the button next to Pause schedule to the right to enable.
- Tap Edit to manage when you want the internet access to be blocked.
- Tap the Start time to change the time you want the access to pause.
- Tap the End time to change the time you want to re-enable access.
- Select the days you want the pause schedule to be in effect. Days that are blue are selected.
- Tap Save to save your pause schedule, or Back to discard your changes.
1 Monthly price includes modem, extenders (if needed) and app access. Professional installation is required. Customer must have Midco internet. Actual internet speeds may vary depending on your computer or mobile device’s capacity, the number of devices accessing the internet at once and web traffic. Speeds may also be impacted by third-party equipment (such as your computer or router).
2 Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.