Midco Home Phone and Alexa
Connect an Amazon Echo Connect into your phone line, complete setup with the Alexa app, and then you can ask Alexa to call individuals, a specific phone number or answer incoming calls. The Echo Connect uses your existing phone service to make and receive calls.
Midco does not provide support for third-party devices, and Amazon devices are not available for purchase through Midco.
Who: MN, ND and SD phone customers
Midco offers the convenience of dialing a seven-digit number (without the area code) for local calls from your home phone service. However, the Alexa app assumes customers dial 10 digits.
To add a seven-digit local number into your contacts so it works with Alexa:
- Go to your contacts on your mobile device which you also also use with the Alexa app.
- Add a new contact.
- Put a comma in place of the area code, and then the seven-digit local number. For example, the contact phone number will show as ,5553901 or ,555-3901.
- Import contacts from that device to the Alexa app.
That number should now be in your Alexa contacts.
Import Contacts with Alexa
- Open the Alexa app and select Communicate.
- Tap the person-shaped icon at the top right corner of your screen to go to your contacts.
- Select the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Choose Import Contacts.
Amazon devices not available for purchase through Midco. Amazon, Echo, Alexa, and all related logos and products are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.