How to Use Call Forwarding Universal
With call forwarding universal, you can to temporarily forward all calls to another number, even your cell phone.
To activate or deactivate call forwarding universal on your touch-tone phone:
- On your touch-tone phone, press *72.
- When you hear the dial tone, dial the number you want your calls forwarded to. Wait for the person to answer.
- If no one answers the phone, or the line is busy, hang up and repeat steps one and two. When call forwarding universal has been activated, you will hear a fast busy signal.
- To verify your calls are being forwarded, press *72 on your touch-tone phone. If you hear, “Your call forwarding is currently active,” call forwarding universal is working. If not, repeat steps one and two.
- To deactivate call forwarding, press *73 on your touch-tone phone. The stutter tone followed by fast busy signal indicates to you that your calls are no longer being forwarded.
To activate or deactivate call forwarding universal in My Account:
- Log in to Midco.com/MyAccount.
- Click Home Phone, and then Manage Phone Features.
- Select your phone number in the dropdown. Please note that it make take up to 20 seconds to connect to your phone features.
- Go to the Call Forwarding Universal section to see the status of this feature on your account. Click Disable to turn it off, or Enable to turn it on. If you're enabling call forwarding universal, enter the Call Forward Number where you want to receive calls, and click Save.
- For most local numbers, enter the seven-digit number, such as: 5551212.
- For local numbers requiring 10-digit local dialing, enter the full 10-digit number.
- To forward to a long-distance number, enter 1 + the area code, such as: 16055551212.