ON Demand & Streaming Apps
Your TiVo® DVR isn’t just for watching live TV and recording shows. Connect all your favorite streaming and music apps to your TiVo device, and never worry about switching inputs on your TV to access an app. And when you search for a show, your DVR will search through live TV, Midco’s ON Demand libraries and your apps to find every option for you to watch a show.
Access ON Demand and Apps right from your Home screen or TiVo Central (depending on your TiVo experience).
From the Home screen in the newer TiVo Experience:
- To access ON Demand, press 5 or use your remote’s arrow buttons to highlight and select Midco ON Demand.
- To access your apps, press 4 or use your remote’s arrow buttons to highlight and select Apps.
From TiVo Central in the classic TiVo Experience:
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to highlight and select Apps. From there, select the app you want to watch, or select Midco ON Demand.
Alternately, you can press the ON Demand button on your remote control to go to ON Demand. Depending on your remote control model, you may also have buttons that will automatically take you to popular streaming apps, like Netflix or Hulu.
Some ON Demand content is available for free, while other shows and movies are available for rent. You can set up parental and purchase controls for you TiVo DVR to avoid any unauthorized rentals.
To browse the Midco ON Demand library:
- From the Midco ON Demand screen, use the up and down arrows on your remote to highlight a category, which include All Movies, New Releases and Free ON Demand. Press OK on your remote.
- Use the up and down arrows to move through titles one at a time, or use the channel up and channel down buttons to scroll through the list one page at a time.
- Select a show to watch.
- If the content is free, simply choose Watch Now, and enjoy the programming.
- If the show or movie is available for rent, the selection bar will include the price. Select Rent & Watch Now to order the video. You’ll be asked to confirm your purchase by pressing the thumbs up button. (To cancel, highlight and select “Nevermind, don’t rent this movie.”) A one-time fee will show on your next Midco statement if you choose to rent.
Use the normal pause, rewind, play and fast forward controls on your remote to watch your ON Demand show or movie. Note: Some shows in the ON Demand library may not allow you to fast forward.
When you search for a show, your TiVo DVR automatically searches through available ON Demand content, including live TV, ON Demand and streaming apps. Icons will appear for available viewing options when you highlight the show on the search results screen.
ON Demand content is available for 24-48 hours in your My Rentals folder at the top of the Midco ON Demand screen. To re-watch a show or delete it from your ON Demand rentals folder:
- From the Midco ON Demand screen, highlight the My Rentals folder, and press OK.
- Highlight the show or movie you want. Your TiVo DVR will display information about how long the content is available to view.
- Select Resume Playing to continue watching a show, or press the right arrow to select from beginning to start watching the show from the beginning.
- Select Delete to remove the content from your My Rentals folder.
Go to Apps from the Home screen, and use the left or right arrows on your remote to move through the app categories, which include Favorites, Sports, Video, Music and Kids. Use the up or down arrows to highlight an app, and press Select to choose it.
To add an app to your favorites, highlight the app and press the Thumbs Up button on your remote.
Below are some of the available apps1 for your TiVo DVR. Note: App availability is subject to change, and a third-party monthly subscription is required for some apps.
- HBO® Go
- Ameba TV
- Toon Goggles
- WWE Network
- iHeart Radio
1 App availability is subject to change, and a third-party monthly subscription is required for some apps.
TiVo services may not be available in all areas and some restrictions may apply. TiVo DVR requires a Midco Internet 50 connection or higher. Not all TiVo DVRs are compatible with the newer TiVo Experience. Contact us with questions.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Some restrictions may apply. For specific technical requirements for devices, go to hbogo.com/devices.
This material includes references to products, services and/or equipment not manufactured by Midco. The respective companies retain trademark and registered trademark ownership for those referenced items.