Professional Midco technicians visit homes in our service area to install services, as well as troubleshoot and solve service issues.
- Midco Fixed Wireless internet service: We schedule appointments in morning or afternoon time slots (such as 8 am-12 pm or 1-5 pm). Installation and service calls take more time for fixed wireless due to the nature of the networking technology and the service area for this type of internet.
- Midco SmartHOME™: To ensure proper setup and customer training, we schedule installation appointments at 8 am or 12 pm local time. Installation can take up to four hours, depending on the equipment options you select for your home.
- All Other Midco Services: We schedule appointments on the hour and in 15-minute increments after.
What to Expect from a Tech Visit
- An adult (aged 18+) who is authorized on the account must be present for the duration of the visit. If you are unable to be present during your scheduled installation time, please leave this completed form authorizing your designee to sign for the installation and connection of Midco services at your residence.
- Cable, power and networking outlets should be available and easily accessible to the technician.
- Our technician will call you when they’re on their way. (The call will be from our 1.800.888.1300 number.)
- All of our technicians wear Midco gear and have a Midco badge, so you can be sure they are one of our team members.
- Midco technicians wear booties on their shoes to make sure they don’t track dirt in your home. We also take care to clean up any messes we may make.
- Be sure to secure any pets you have in your house or in your yard. The technician may need access to your yard, depending on the reason for the visit.
- If you are having services installed and need cable line ran to your home, all cable lines will be placed safely and professionally. They will not be run across rooms, across a door threshold or anywhere they could present a safety hazard. We’ll be in contact with you when your cable line will be buried.
If you need to schedule or reschedule a technician visit, please contact us.
Installation Visit Checklist
If you’re installing new services, adding on a service or a tech is visiting to help move your services, check out this important pre-install checklist:
- Devices: You should have at least one device per Midco service set up in advance of the technician’s visit. (For example, if you’re installing cable TV, have your TV ready to go.) That way, the technician can test and make sure your services are working properly. See Service Tests below to learn more about how our technicians will test your services after they’ve been set up.
- Cable or Networking Outlets: If you have requested that we install new cable or networking outlets during the appointment, make sure a licensed electrician has performed any necessary “fishing” of cables through the walls. If cable isn’t available within the walls for an outlet, we won’t be able to complete installation on that particular outlet.
- Renters: If you rent your home and are installing Midco SmartHOME or a cable outlet, have your landlord complete our Landlord Permission Form prior to our technician’s visit.
Our technicians will check the direct connection of your service(s) as noted below.
To ensure optimal speeds, the technician will connect a laptop or computer to perform a speed test. If you have your own modem or wireless router, please have it available so we can connect it to the electrical and cable outlets, and to your computer.
Fixed Wireless Internet
Service coverage requires connectivity to a Midco fixed wireless tower. A professional Midco technician will visit your home to locate the best signal with the intention of performing a full install. However, if we are unable to get a proper signal to your location, there will be no cost or obligation to you. The technician will connect a laptop or computer to ensure you have proper connectivity. If you have your own router, please have it available so we can connect it to your network.
Our technician will perform a cable outlet check on all TVs that will be connected to cable service in order to ensure a proper connection and a clear picture.
Our technician will connect your phone and make sure there is dial tone. Please have the battery charged on your landline phone in advance of the technician’s visit.
Our technician will install your equipment, test it to make sure it’s working properly, show you how to use the system and make recommendations on how to get the most out of your Midco SmartHOME™ security system. Please note:
- Both indoor and outdoor cameras need access to an indoor outlet, so think about where you’d like your cameras placed inside and outside your home.
- If you’re having a deadbolt door lock installed, there must be an existing deadbolt, or the hole must be pre-drilled prior to installation. Our technicians will not drill into the door.
- The technician may drill to install other equipment, such as an outdoor camera.
If you’re having issues with one of your services and you have a technician visiting, here are some things you should know:
- Our tech will need access to the outlet of your device that’s having issues, as well as all cable or networking connections for your home.
- Backyard access may also be required to check the cables coming in and out of your house. Please secure your pets to streamline your service visit.
- If you rent your home and we need to replace any cables or add additional outlets, we’ll need you have your landlord to sign our Landlord Permission Form.