Enjoy cost-effective connectivity, with no installation fee and rent-free modems.1
- ND, MN & SD: Up to 25 Mbps downloads & 3 Mbps uploads
- KS: Up to 10 Mbps downloads & 1 Mbps uploads
Home Phone Assistance
Get reliable, digital home phone service at a reduced monthly rate.2 There’s no installation fee, and it includes free long-distance blocking and selective call rejection.
Lifeline Assistance is available to qualifying new and current customers who meet income guidelines. Some of the other eligibility requirements include:
- Only one Lifeline credit is allowed per household.
- Only one Lifeline credit is allowed per individual.
- Midco service must be in the eligible participant’s name or they must certify that the program participant is a member of the household.
- You may be required to recertify household eligibility at any time. Failure to recertify may result in termination of the Lifeline benefit.
- Lifeline assistance cannot be transferred to another person.
How to Apply
If you are interested in Lifeline benefits, contact us at 1.800.888.1300 or download and fill out our Lifeline Assistance application and attach a copy or copies of eligibility documentation. After signing the completed application, mail it with your proof of eligibility documents to Midco, PO Box 5010, Sioux Falls, SD 57117-9908.
NOTE: If all required information and/or signatures are not completed on the application, or we are missing proof of eligibility, the application will be returned to the customer for completion. Each application must meet the federal and state requirements to qualify for Lifeline benefits.
Questions or Complaints
For unresolved questions or complaints, you may contact the state utilities commission in your state:
1 Broadband Lifeline speeds may vary by market due to network technology in individual markets.
2 When qualifying under the Federal Telephone Lifeline Program, if you live in Minnesota or Kansas, you will also qualify for additional state assistance under the Minnesota Telephone Assistance Program (TAP) or the Kansas State Lifeline program.
Taxes and other federal fees will increase the cost on phone services. FCC regulations state that broadband Lifeline recipients must remain with the same internet service provider (in this case, Midco) for at least 12 months after first qualifying for the Lifeline discount. After that, you are free to switch your internet and qualify for a Lifeline benefit with a different company. The FCC allows an exception if you move to a different state or area where your provider (Midco) doesn’t offer service. If that’s the case, please contact us so we can help you transfer your broadband Lifeline benefit to your new internet provider.