Your First Bill
Your First Midco Statement
Your Midco bill includes a lot of information. In addition to how much you owe this month, you can find your account information, payment options and much more.
- Your first bill will be a paper statement mailed to you – and you should receive it within 5-7 days of your service installation/activation.
- We are not able to extend your payment due date, and due dates are the same for all payment methods.
- Midco must receive your full payment on or before your due date, or a $10 late fee will apply.
- Your first bill will include charges for a full month’s service – billed in advance. Exceptions include ON Demand movie rentals and pay-per-view events, which appear on your statement after they occur.
- Your first bill may include installation charges and any equipment purchases.
- If you’re taking advantage of a limited-time, special offer, your monthly statement will show all promotional discounts applied to your account. Services will return to normal pricing at the end of the discount period, which is noted on your statement each month.
- If you’re installing Midco SmartHOME, your first bill will include the full price of the home security equipment you selected. However, if you chose to pay for the equipment over an extended period, your monthly home security equipment cost will display on your statement throughout the 12 months. If you cancel your home security service before the 12-month period ends, you’ll be billed for all of the remaining equipment balance on your next statement.
- If you were referred by a friend through the Midco Connect-A-Friend program, your $25 credit will appear on your Midco statement within 60-90 days after your installation.
- At the time of purchase, we estimate your taxes and fees – as they may change at any time based on local, state and federal government tax laws.
How to Pay
We accept payments by check, through checking and savings accounts, and by credit card (MasterCard, Visa and Discover). Choose what payment method works for you – Midco doesn't charge to process payments. You can pay your Midco bill online, by phone, by mail or in person.
- After you’ve signed up for auto pay, the remittance form at the bottom of your future statements will show a “Do Not Remit” message next to Total Amount Due.
Enroll in E-Statements
If you haven’t already, go green – and enroll in e-statements! Get future statements by email and/or text notices.