Fiber Internet Equipment
When you use internet service from Midco, we provide you with an optical network unit (ONU) in your home that delivers your internet connection.
If you want Wi-Fi, you need a gateway or router to connect to your ONU. Current Midco-provided wireless gateways can reach speeds up to 1 Gbps downloads and uploads. Midco-provided gateways are:
- Available for lease or purchase
- Already tested and approved for the Midco Network
- Managed by Midco, meaning we push necessary firmware updates
- Supported by Midco’s technical customer care team
For packages with speeds greater than 1 Gbps, you must purchase your own router with a wide area network (WAN) port to match the speeds you’d like to receive.
You may use your own purchased router with Midco Fiber Internet service. To reach speeds above 1 Gbps available with Midco Fiber Internet service, you must provide your own router that meets the following specifications.
- For 1 Gbps speeds: a WAN interface with a 1 Gb port or higher
- For 2 Gbps speeds: a WAN interface with a 2.5 Gb port or higher
- For 5 Gbps speeds: a WAN interface with a 5 Gb port or higher
If you purchase and operate your own internet equipment, keep in mind that we’re not able to provide technical support or firmware updates for third-party equipment. Please refer to the router manufacturer for support details.
If you bring your own router, you can self-install your router with your Midco Fiber Internet.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the 10G Ethernet port on the back of your ONU to your wireless router.
- Follow the steps in your device’s user manual to set up your router, and start connecting your wireless devices.
Having trouble with your internet connection? The first thing you can do is reset your ONU and wireless gateway or router manually.
IMPORTANT: If you reboot your ONU, it will reboot all equipment and devices connected to it – including your equipment for Midco internet, TV and phone services.
- Unplug the small, black power cord from the ONU and the router. Check the front to ensure that all lights have turned off.
- After 30 seconds, plug the power cord back in to the ONU.
- One power is restored, wait up to five minutes for the ONU to come back online. Wait for the lights to be fully lit (not blinking).
- Plug the power cord back into the router after the ONU is back online.
- Test the connection by attempting to access a public website such as Midco.com.
If you have Midco Freestyle® Wi-Fi, you may also need to manually reboot any extenders you have.
If you need assistance, please contact us.