How to Manage Midco Email Storage
Storage Limits and Auto-Delete Rules
With each Midco email address, you get up to 5 GB of storage, which includes all folders in your email account (including your Junk, Trash and Sent folders).
- When your inbox is close to reaching its storage capacity, we will notify you by sending a quota warning message to the affected email account.
- When you reach your storage limit, you will be unable to receive any new messages until you free up storage space.
- If you are near the storage limit and someone sends you a large email (such as one with a large document or image), you may not receive that email if its size would cause your account to exceed the storage limit. The sender will receive a message stating the message has not been delivered because your mailbox is full.
To free up storage space in your email:
- Delete emails from your Junk and Trash folders. (Midco currently automatically deletes Junk and Trash items that are older than 180 days. On February 5, 2018, that policy will change to items that are older than 30 days.)
- Delete old emails you no longer need, including old promotional emails, newsletters, notifications and mailing list messages.
- Save important emails to your computer. Look for emails with large attachments – such as photos – to see what’s taking up most of your storage.
Helpful hint: To ensure you don’t exceed the space limit and can receive new messages, make sure you save any incoming mail that includes a photo, video or other large file to your computer and delete the email from your account.
Email Storage Properties
If you primarily use a PC-based email client (such as Outlook, Apple/Mac Mail, Windows Live Mail, etc.), these programs normally download and store email on your computer, but can be sent to leave a copy on the mail server – so you can still access messages through the Midco email browser page, a smartphone or other mobile device.
You can adjust your email account properties to free up space if you receive a quota warning from Midco. Check your preferred email program’s support section for detailed steps on how to set your email storage properties so messages do not build up on the server. We’ve provided links to two popular email programs; however, other programs use similar steps and settings.
Questions? Contact us via live chat or social media, or call 1.800.888.1300.