Cable TV Subscription Terms and Conditions
Updated January 2016
By subscribing to Midcontinent Communications® ("Company" or "Midco®") cable TV service, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Services are billed in advance. Payment for services and equipment is due on or before the date stated on the front of this statement. Rates may be adjusted consistent with terms and conditions of the applicable Federal law. NOTE: Please allow six (6) days for mail delivery and payment posting.
- The Company reserves the right to interrupt the service and/or impose a late payment fee if payment is not received by the due date on your statement.
- The Company reserves the right to disconnect service if payment is not made when due. If an employee or contractor is dispatched to disconnect service as a consequence of non-payment and payment is made to the above employee or contractor to avoid service interruption, then the company reserves the right to impose a service charge for this courtesy.
- The Company reserves the right to impose a charge for checks returned by the bank to us as unpaid up to the maximum allowed by state law. Returned checks that remain unpaid after notice and a reasonable period for response may be submitted to the District Attorney for action which may include prosecution.
- Company employees and agents shall be allowed reasonable access to your premises to install, inspect, maintain or disconnect services or equipment.
- Equipment provided by the Company remains the property of the Company, its agents or assignees. You agree to pay the Company: a). A charge for any Company equipment damaged by you and/or not returned to the Company as reflected in the current price guide, and b). Any and all reasonable costs of collection or other action necessary to collect the money you owe us, including, but not limited to the costs of a collection agency, attorney fees and court costs. c). Upon terminating service for any reason, you are responsible for the safe return of Company property.
- Any disputes or queries pertaining to the information presented on this statement should be forwarded to the Company in writing 60 days of receipt of this statement.
- Any unauthorized attachments to the Company’s equipment, or tampering with the Company’s equipment, or unauthorized use of the Company signals, may expose you to local, state and/or Federal penalties.
- This agreement and the service furnished hereunder is not assignable by customer without the prior written consent of the Company. Customer shall notify the Company of any change of occupancy or ownership of the premises immediately upon such transfer of ownership or tenancy.
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Company has the right at any time to preempt, without prior notice, specific programs or services advertised as available to customer and to determine what substitute programming, if any, shall be made available. The Company may at its discretion make additions, deletions or modifications to its current program line-up without liability to Customer.
- This agreement and the service provided hereunder may be terminated: a). By the Company, at any time, without prior notice (i) if the customer fails to comply in full with all the terms herein; or (ii) if Company loses the right or ability to use public right-of-way necessary to serve Customer; or b). By Customer, at any time, upon separate written notice to the Company; or verbal notice by calling Midco® Customer Service (1.800.888.1300) or in person at a Midco Customer Service Center provided all the Company equipment (including all converters and remote control units) are made available by Customer for removal by Company, or are returned to Company by the Customer. In the event of termination by the Company, any restoration of Service shall be solely at Company’s discretion and on such terms as the Company shall determine are necessary to resume Service on a commercially reasonable basis.
- Company makes no warranty, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, as to any goods or services provided under this agreement. In no event, including in the case of a claim for negligence, shall Company be liable for incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages from whatever cause, including but not limited to loss of business or wages.
- Residential Customers agree not to use the programming furnished hereunder except for home use on television sets connected for this purpose by Company.
- Customer agrees to pay all taxes, including, but not limited to, all sales, excise, real, and personal property taxes which may be levied or imposed by any government entity with respect to Customer’s property or service.
- If any provision of this agreement is determined to be illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition without invalidating the remaining provisions of this agreement. If any provision of this Agreement conflicts with a provision of an applicable ordinance or other government regulation, the provision in such ordinance or regulation, to the extent of such conflict, shall apply.
FCC, Cable Services Bureau, Consumer Protection Division,
1919 M St. NW,
Washington, D.C. 20554
FCC Phone number: 202.416.0856
Call Before You Dig: There may be underground utility cables located in your yard. Digging into an underground cable line, phone line, electric cable, gas line or water and/or wastewater line could result in serious personal injury, service interruptions, property damage or pollution of the environment. If utility lines are cut you may be liable for charges.
Please call the number for your state to locate underground utility cables:
- South Dakota: 1.800.781.7474
- North Dakota: 1.800.795.0555
- Minnesota: 1.800.252.1166
- Nebraska: 1.800.331.5666