Cable TV Support
On April 12, your TiVo® Whole Home Solution will undergo an automatic update. This update contains exciting new features that we think will make your TiVo®experience even better.
With this update, you’ll be able to access these new features:
- Quick mode: Watch playback of recorded content at 1.3x normal speed without getting a “chipmunk effect” to the audio. This feature is great for news and sports lovers! To turn Quick Mode on or off, press the Select button while watching a recording and press Select again to turn it on or off (it is off by default).
- HD channel notification: Get notification when an HD version of a program you are currently watching on standard definition is available in HD.
- Channel logo in guide: In the guide grid, channel logos will display rather than the network’s name or call letters. You can turn this feature on and off. Just press the A button on your remote when you’re viewing the guide.
These other enhancements, including three new apps1, will be available one week after the automatic update.
- Hulu: Get commercial-free access to TV shows, clips, movies and other streaming media.
- Toon Goggles: Toon Goggles features animated cartoons, live-action shows, games and music entertainment designed for children.
- WWE: WWE Network is the only place to watch all live WWE pay-per-view events, including WrestleMania, Royal Rumble and SummerSlam. Plus, enjoy 24/7 scheduled and live programming and a massive video on demand library.
- Pay-per-view purchase on the TiVo® Mini: Order pay-per-view programming through your TiVo® Mini, as well as your TiVo® DVR.
The software update will happen automatically. You will not need to do anything for your TiVo® DVR to update. If you want to verify that your TiVo® DVR has updated, you can check by going to TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > System Information. It should show a software code starting with 20.5.9.RC10. If you have any questions about the automatic update, contact us at Midco.com/Contact and we’ll be happy to help you.
1These apps require third-party login and/or subscription.