Cable TV Support
How do I reset my cable box?
Resetting your cable box may help resolve error messages that display on some or all channels, or when you’re trying to access or order pay-per-view or ON Demand programming.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your cable box or at the wall outlet for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power.
After the box powers on, most channels should be available for immediate viewing; however, the menu, ON Demand and other features may take up to 30 minutes to load and become accessible. If your cable box has an interactive, on-screen guide, the first hour of guide information should display within 30 minutes. It may take a multiple hours for the guide to display full programming information.
How do I remotely reset my cable box?
Midco has two options for you to remotely reset your cable TV equipment (not available with TiVo equipment). While we offer these options, we recommend that you’re near the cable TV box to confirm it powers off after the reset signal has been sent. If the equipment does not power off within a few minutes, we suggest trying to reset the cable box by unplugging the power cord.
To reset non-TiVo cable boxes online:
- Log in to My Account.
- In the Services section next to Cable TV, click Manage.
- Locate the specific equipment needing to be reset.
- Match the equipment manufacturer, model and serial number information online to the back of your cable box.
- Click Reboot Equipment to reset a specific piece of equipment.
To reset non-TiVo cable boxes over the phone:
- Call 1.800.888.1300.
- Follow the prompts to reset your cable box.
Reset non-TiVo cable boxes in the My Account app:
- Open the Midco My Account app on your device and log in.
- Select Services from the bottom menu, and choose Cable TV.
- Tap the Reset My Equipment button.