How do I reboot my modem?
You may periodically need to reset your modem to clear outdated or invalid network information, which may help the modem process information more quickly – similar to why it’s recommended that you restart your computer or other devices from time to time.
To reboot your cable modem:
- Unplug the small, black power cord from the back of the modem.
- Check the front of the modem to ensure that all the lights have turned off.
- After 30 seconds, plug in the modem.
- Wait for modem lights to be fully lit (not blinking).
- If you have a router connected, reboot that equipment as well.
- Once power is restored, wait five minutes for the modem to come back online. Test the connection again by attempting to access a public website such as Midco.com.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.888.1300.