Midco tests and certifies specific modems to work with our network – to ensure they deliver the speed and capacity our customers expect, as well as meet our network requirements.
Important: As of June 30, 2021, any non-Midco provided modem must have DOCSIS 3.1 technology. See the Approved Modems and DOCSIS Modems sections below for more details.
- Midco provides modems available for lease or purchase, which are already tested and approved for our network.
- We manage them – meaning we push necessary firmware updates, so you don’t have to.
- Plus, our customer care and field teams know tons about these modems – making it easier to help solve any problems that might pop up.
Third-Party Modems and Routers
If you’re considering purchasing and operating your own internet equipment, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- We’re not able to provide technical support for third-party equipment that’s not provided by Midco.
- Even if you bring your own modem or router, it must be compatible with our network. See our approved modems list below for details.
Midco internet service requires one of these modems. This equipment has been certified as compatible with our network and brings you the best quality of service for your connection.
- Important: As of June 30, 2021, any non-Midco-provided modem must have DOCSIS 3.1 technology. All the modems below meet 3.1 standards. See the DOCSIS Modems section below for more details.
- To view any modem’s user guide, click the respective brand/model name.
- Standard modems are non-wireless modems, meaning they don’t have Wi-Fi network capabilities. If you want a Wi-Fi network, choose a wireless modem or bring your own wireless router.
- Note that different equipment is used for fiber internet or fixed wireless internet service.
|Brand/Model||Type||Provided by Midco||Midco Wi-Fi Compatible|
We offer service through DOCSIS 3.1, which delivers internet to your home and enables speeds for your devices. However, the age and software of your devices have a major impact the speed, performance and capacity of your internet. Please consult with your device manufacturer to determine the speed and other capabilities of your specific devices.
More Modem Resources
This material includes references to products, services and/or equipment not manufactured by Midco. The respective companies retain trademark and registered trademark ownership for those referenced items.